I don’t have experience with Parental Control features, but a little searching online reveals that iOS (Apple) and Windows 7 have parental controls built in but Android does not.
Here are a few links that might help:
For Android/mobile users:
- Android Parental Control Apps – Disable apps and filter content
- Kids Place Parental Control App from Amazon.com
- Internet Filtering Browser by K9 Web Protection
Android / iOS:
- Monitor Child Activity by Norton
iPhone, iPod touch, iPad
- Windows 7 Parental Controls
- Note: Internet filtering is not available with Windows 7 parental controls.
- Note for Windows 8 users: there are reports that Family Safety for Windows 8 does not offer proper protection
- Magic Desktop
Please share what works best for you.
Another Android option for $5
I don’t know if these statistics are accurate, but they certainly are alarming:
This is a good article on the topic as well.
our kids have the iPod touch and they come with pretty good parental controls. You can completely turn off the browser and also select from several maturity levels for activities such as types of apps & music allowed for download.
Pingback: Techno-Trouble (Truth and Tidings, Feb. 2013) | GospelRiver Tech Tips